Hello, my name is Mike Burman. I am a trial lawyer. In this article, I give a general overview of a personal injury case, and answer some common questions.
What is “personal injury?”
“Personal injury” means injury to the human body caused by the carelessness of another person or employee of a company. I handle a wide variety of personal injury cases, but most personal injury cases I see involve:
- car wrecks
- motorcycle wrecks
- semi-truck and tractor wrecks
- overloaded semi-truck accidents
- over-sized farm equipment accidents
- pedestrians injured by motor vehicles
- slips and falls at retail businesses
- dog bites
- wrongful death
- malpractice by Army or Military or civilian doctors
- highway design defects and highway construction injuries
- death at work caused by a third party
What is “wrongful death case?”
A wrongful death case starts out as a personal injury case. A wrongful death case arises because the personal injury takes the life of the person injured.
What action can you expect from me in your case?
First, I will answer all your questions and develop a written Plan of Action for you. A thorough investigation focused on evidence in your case will begin. This investigation is focused on: (1) what happened, (2) why it happened, (3) who caused it, and (4) the preservation of evidence.
Second, if your case requires it, I will hire experts as necessary to interpret and save evidence.
With injury cases, I will help you ask the right questions of your doctors so you can understand your injury and work with your doctor to reach maximum medical healing.
What amount of money is my case worth?
Personal injury and wrongful death laws allow you to recover money for pain and suffering, loss of earnings, medical expenses, and an assortment of other money dmages for the harms and losses caused by the personal injury or wrongful death. Every case is unique. Contact me for advice about specific cases. There is no charge to talk to me about your case and decide if you want to hire me.
How much time do you have?
A case for personal injury must be made within a certain amount of time, or the right to make a case expires. Many personal injury cases have a 1 year limitation in which to file a case, so do not delay in contacting me for legal advice, or to find out how much time you have to pursue your case. If you fail to file within the 1 year limitation, then you generally lose your right to pursue the case.
Why hire me, Mike Burman, for your case?
I know how important this case is to you and your family. For more than 25 years, I have harnessed technology and developed customized software to win injury and death cases. My staff and I are trained to “see” what is there and what could be there to “drive up” the value your case so you receive a full and fair outcome. This is very important. Insurance companies use sophisticated software such as Colossus or the “ACE” program designed by McKinsey and Company to evaluate claims. These programs are not understood by every lawyer. If your lawyer does not know how Colossus or ACE work, then your case is not going to be fully evaluated and valued by the insurance company reviewing your case.
Further, communicating effectively with insurance adjusters is something I have studied for years, and practice every day. From the first time you and I talk, you will see how years of experience make a difference.
Where can you hire me for your case?
I handle cases throughout Kentucky and Tennessee. Here are a few cities and highways were I have handled actual injury or wrongful death cases:
- Tennessee Cities: Ashland City, Clarksville, Dover, Gallatin, Jackson
- Kentucky Cities: Cadiz, Fort Campbell, Greenville, Guthrie, Hopkinsville, Madisonville, Murray, Nashville, Oak Grove, Paducah, Pikeville, and Richmond.
- Interstate I-24 from Paducah to Chattanooga
- Interstate I-40 from Jackson to Nashville
- Interstate I-65 from Louisville to Nashville
- Interstate I-69 through Kentucky
- Interstate I-75 through Kentucky and Tennessee
- We handle injury cases throughout Kentucky or Tennessee..
- We have years of experience with the Judges, the lawyers and the insurance adjusters who handle personal injury cases.
What are my legal fees and how can you hire me in your “personal injury” case?
You do not need any money to hire me. I will explain how I am paid a percentage of what I recover for your, and I will put everything into writing. I don’t spend money on expensive TV ads, so I pass the savings to you. Click Contact Mike to reach me. I will make immediate arrangements to visit with you in your home, or at the hospital, or at my office within 24 hours of your contact.